Great Summer Saving Tips
If you have an electronic thermostat set the temperature to “set back” during high temperature periods to help save money. Follow these other great summer saving tips to lower your summer bills:
- Check the circuit breakers or fuses in the electrical panel. Ensure they are all in the “ON” position.
- Check the outdoor unit disconnect switch make sure it is in the “ON” position. You can find this disconnect switch located near the outdoor unit. (Normally a grey deep box mounted to the wall.)
- Check to make sure the on/off switch at the furnace is in the “ON” position. An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
- Change your filter every month.
- Make sure your furniture is at least 4 inches from return air grilles for adequate air supply.
- Keep blinds and drapes drawn during the high temperatures of the day.